Monday, January 17, 2011

I've heard of sympathy labor pains, but this is a little extreme...

All I can say is, "WOW!" I've heard that men may experience sympathy labor pains, or experience sympathy weight gain when there spouse, or significant other, is pregnant. I have two children of my own, so we've had an array of pregnancy-related experiences. I think my husband wanted my attention~

He called me at 11:12pm, at work, and wanted to inform me that he was, "Okay, but at the hospital in the emergency room." He had slipped on the ice-covered parking lot. Although he tried to recover and keep himself upright, the ice won the battle, tossing my husband to the ground. I say that he needed my attention in a very loving way, but come on now...the SAME ankle! All we can really do is laugh. I feel bad, but I know what a royal pain in the rear it's going to be to deal with it.

For those of you who know me, know my story. For those of you who don't, or may have not caught the whole story, I rolled my left ankle at work back on 11/9/10. I have been walking around on a fractured fibula for the past two months. Workers' Comp FINALLY  authorized an MRI this past week. That's when they found the fracture and cartilage bruising. In a nut shell, I went to see the State-approved doc and he put me in a CAM walking boot. I call it my Herman Muenster boot.

So with my husbands' untimely injury, he will now get to go through Workers' Compensation doctors, just like me. We were talking about a game plan. My fracture didn't show up on the X-ray. Who knows if he has a fracture or if its a severe sprain. Hopefully for him, it's just a sprain. Otherwise, we will be sitting here together, fighting over the reclining chair to keep our feet up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!!! That is too funny! You are right Andi, all you can do is laugh over the untimely misfortune. I hope Ron is ok and that his ankle is just a sprain.
    *HUGS!* <3

    ReplyDelete